Special edition on the occasion of the European Day of Languages & the European Year of Skills
We are pleased to announce that on Tuesday, 26th September 2023, from 15:30 to 17:30 we will be holding another edition of our Virtual Café.
We will be celebrating the European Day of Languages & the European Year of Skills! The focus of this special edition will lie on “Languages, skills and technologies for economic growth”.
The event will be opened by Mr Johannes Hahn, EU Commissioner for Budget and Administration and Ms Genoveva Ruiz Calavera, Director General for Interpretation and Conference Organisation of the European Commission.
We will hold a panel discussion with experts on multilingualism, conference interpreting, translation, language and voice technologies, language data, interpreter training.
We will discuss
- the link(s) between languages, skills and technologies
- the Common European Language Data Space
- language data & language technologies in an academic perspective
- a linguist's skills in the digital era - translation & interpretation
- the market's perspective: language data and their economic value, including skills needed on the labour market
- the impact of the technological and digital perspective on specialised academic curricula in conference interpreting, translation and voice technology.
The discussions will be interpreted into English, French, German and Spanish.
Stay tuned and follow us on social media for more details!
These are the livestreaming details (no password or authentication required).
We hope as many of you as possible will be able to join us for this special edition!
Read the Privacy Statement for information about the processing and the protection of your personal data during the event.